As the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus around the country grows, we want to assure our clients that we are taking precautions to prevent the spread of illness at Temple Heights Animal Hospital.
Actions We’re Taking:
- We’re asking both our staff and clients to please stay home if you do not feel well.
- At this time, we are offering curbside service only. When you arrive at the hospital, please check in via text us at (760) 284-8126 with your space number and a team member will come to you and check your pet in for their appointment.
- Once your pet is inside the hospital, Dr. Hofmann will examine your pet and create a treatment plan. Prior to performing any services, Dr. Hofmann will give you a call to discuss her findings and her plan for treatment.
- After treatment is complete, we will either send you a secure link to your invoice or bring a credit card reader to your vehicle.
- We are also offering Telemedicine services. To learn more, please visit this page.
- Our team will do whatever we need to do to help you feel safe while caring for your pets. Please call us with any questions or concerns, and our team will work with you.
We also want to take this opportunity to address concerns regarding pets and the coronavirus. The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) is monitoring developments related to animals very closely.
Right now, there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread by companion animals according to the Center for Disease Control. However, people who are sick with COVID-19 should avoid contact with animals as a precaution. We will share updates from the AVMA as we receive them.
For more information about COVID-19 as it relates to pets, please visit https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/animal-health-and-welfare/covid-19.